Saturday, October 1, 2011
Simulate Your Digital Circuits With Logisim
Logisim is a free and open-source tool for designing and simulating your digital logic circuits, featuring a simple-to-learn interface, hierarchical circuits, wire bundles, and a large component library. As a Java application, it can run on many platforms.
Logisim is one of my favorite and tools when dealing with digital logic circuits.
- Allows for conversion between circuits, truth tables, and Boolean expressions.
- Circuit layouts can be used as "subcircuits" of other circuits, allowing for hierarchical circuit design.
- Included circuit components include inputs and outputs, gates, multiplexers, arithmetic circuits, flip-flops, and RAM memory.
- Completed circuits can be saved into a file, exported to a GIF file, or printed on a printer.
- Neat automatic wiring, color coding and comes with an intuitive user interface.
- It if free and open-source and multi platform software based on JAVA.
Click here to download.
Logisim homepage: http://ozark.hendrix.edu/~burch/logisim/index.html